Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Preparing Myself for Greatness!

Girl in a Tie Relocates and Evolves!

photo courtesy of Leslie Cunningham
On December 31, 2014 this Girl in a Tie relocated back to Richmond, Virginia. Since my arrival, I have had many people ask me why I returned. Some understood when I said I had grown tired of the city hustle and desired a different life at a slower pace, others wondered what I would do with my 'out' self in Richmond. Well, I am not doing anything about my 'out' self except embracing it on an even deeper level....I am also evolving. I have purged the old me and I am now learning myself at 48 years old. I am enrolled in graduate school in a MFA program, I am practicing and growing in my writing and exploring new art forms and mediums. I am changing my style and my swag...I am doing it all differently and on my own terms. I am also changing my inner dialogue to include only positive affirmations. I am no longer running from myself...I think...therefore I am a free. Next step...manifest everything I want...starting with holding joy in my heart and seeking happiness...I am looking for ways to serve my community and seeking ways to create new opportunities for personal/professional growth. I am living my life on my own terms. I hope that I inspire others...I am preparing myself for greatness! I encourage you to do the same.





No comments:

What is True Love?

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
James Baldwin